Sunday, November 20, 2011

Autumn Hues

Though I often scorn the cold weather, I'm so thankful to live in an area that experiences all of the beautifully warm colors of this season. I love the golden orange and chocolate brown hues all around. I find them comforting. And while I certainly could wear amber and burnt orange shades to my heart's content, it's very complementary trying to coordinate your personal style with nature's seasonal colors. Rich plums and scarlet reds are ideal examples. I've seen a few within the fashion blogosphere flaunting neon yellows and greens with otherwise muted outfits. This is a trend I need to experiment with ASAP! Its brilliant!
 
 
The weather was beautiful this weekend in my neck of the woods. I had a few local errands to run today so I opted for a comfortable plum body-con dress and loose-fitting taupe suede boots. The contrast of the tight dress with the loose boot shafts made the outfit more casual and kept it from looking too "risque".

Bodycon Dress: Forever 21 / Cardigan: Express / Italian Horns Necklace: Forever 21 / Lipstick: Makeup Forever Rouge





Bracelet: Forever 21 / Studded Wrap-Around Watch: Anne Klein

Taupe Suede Boots: Boutique 9 (Nine West) / Bag: Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy

How do all of you coordinate with your surroundings?

'Til next time,
The Fashist

1 comment:

  1. Loving your outfit :) Purple looks good on you!

    - Linda
    http://no-fucking-tears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete