Monday, November 28, 2011

Don't Rain on My [Thanksgiving] Parade!

Thanksgiving day was a joyfully-busy day in our home. It was our first one away from our families and close friends. Luckily we found a very successful way to quell our nostalgia: cook up a plethora of delicious and challenging recipes (thank you FoodNetwork.com)! We took great pride in our array of food courses. Our efforts kept the homesickness at bay.

The weather that day seemed to match our initial dispositions; damp and rainy. In light of the absence of a formal holiday dinner, I was able to be a bit more playful with my look. The weather called for boots so I gravitated towards my Charlotte Russe faux brown leather skirt to complement my Banana Republic rain boots. I paired the two chocolate brown pieces with a festive orange plaid button down from Forever 21. And finally, to give the outfit a more polished feel, I cinched my waist with a brown skinny belt.


Rain Boots: Banana Republic / Faux Leather Skirt: Charlotte Russe / Plaid Button Down: Forever 21


This faux leather skirt is one of my wardrobe favorites. It is so versatile and given the price tag ($22.00) it holds up magnificently in the washer.

Belt: Forever 21 / Bracelets: Charlotte Russe & F21 / Studded Watch: Anne Klein
I wore a lot of statement accessories to brighten up my state of mind. By the afternoon, I didn't even need the polished accessories.

Ring: Forever 21 / Leaf Necklace with stones: Forever 21 / Plain Leaf Necklace: My grandmother's necklace


The day ended perfectly with a rousing game of poker and a bottle of our favorite moscato from a vineyard we recently visited in Napa. Pictures to come soon.

I hope you all had a delicious holiday, filled with love.

'Til next time,
The Fashist

No comments:

Post a Comment