Saturday, December 10, 2011

Polished Cargo

Happy Saturday! The holidays are nearing! I'm very eager to get home, see my beloved city all decked out for the holidays and hug my sisters. My family celebrates two religions, so we've always gotten the best of both worlds: potato latkes AND a Christmas tree. I cannot wait to bask in the holiday love.

This past week my significant other completed two of his law school finals. We felt it more than appropriate to get a little dolled up and take ourselves out to celebrate his hard work. I've had this Chanel-esque cropped jacket in my wardrobe for over two years now (from Express) and I've only managed to wear it once. I wanted to make the polished look a bit edgier so I paired it with my army-green cargo skinnies (also from Express), a ruffled black blouse (Forever 21) and a new pair of black patent Steve Madden pumps.

Jacket & Cargo Pants: Express / Blouse: Forever 21 / Watch: Anne Klein / Pumps: Steve Madden



Lipstick: Maybelline "Peachy Scene"

 I'm in love with the detail and tailoring of this jacket. The delicate black ruffle trimmed with a single line of silver chain is trendy yet so eternally classic. I know this piece will be in my wardrobe for many years to come.

I hope you all have beautiful weekends! :)

'Til Next Time,
TheFashist



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment!I follow you :)
    On the right side of the blog you have a button to translate in all languages
    The jacket is perfect!Your blog is cute!
    xoxo
    http://closetbylilyalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is really gorgeous, I love the jacket and the pants and they are even more wonderful paired together !
    I am really glad that you are one of my followers because your comments always make me smile and contain a real opinion.
    I was born in the US (in South Carolina actually) and have family there so I sometimes have the opportunity to come back, but probably not this year.
    You are perfectly right, it is the best of both worlds to be able to celebrate Christmas and Hanukkah, I really enjoy it too !

    Love,


    Sarah

    http://s-lk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! I love your trousers and the watch!

    Vicky
    lamaletadeolivia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your jacket is super cute!!!
    Your comment was so funny my dear!!!Thank you for following!!!
    Your blog is very inspirational! Enjoyed browsing, and I am following you too. :)
    xxx
    Nina
    http://trendsurvivor.com/
    http://trendsurvivor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is glamorous!! and you are sooo pretty,dear! Xo

    ReplyDelete