Tuesday, December 6, 2011

'Tis the Season: Botanical Gardens Lights Show

This past weekend the boyfriend and I visited the Botanical Gardens to see the holiday light show. Let me tell you, it far surpassed our expectations. The displays were all throughout the gardens and were enormous! The dim lights and softly playing holiday music made the experience very romantic. At first we were keen on taking pictures of EVERYTHING. Then as the sappiness set in we put the Nikon away and basked in the lights and each other's company.

It was a little chilly that night so I chose my Jessica Simpson brown boots (most comfortable boots ever crafted), a pair of black Banana Republic skinnies, a white boyfriend-fit button down (not shown) and a gray Express pea-coat.

Boots: Jessica Simpson / Jeans: Banana Republic / Coat: Express



The original coat didn't come with these buttons. I bought these at M&J Trimming in Manhattan and sewed them on myself. Notice how each one is different. I love the look of shiny mismatched buttons. The coat originally came with black and silver buttons but I think the gold really polishes up the overall look. (Before and after pictures coming soon)


If you live in the greater Atlanta area, you must visit this display before the holidays are over. Our favorite section was an inside rain forest decked out in tiny blue lights. It was so decadent and calming. I've barely posted a fraction of what's there. It's definitely a perfect venue for a romantic and festive date night with your significant other.

Time to start dinner. Tonight we're having sun dried tomato crostinis. My significant other has his Contracts final on Thursday so treating him to a nice dinner is the least I can do.

Has anyone else visited the Botanical Gardens? I'd love to see pictures. :)

'Til Next Time
-TheFashist


No comments:

Post a Comment