Sunday, December 4, 2011

Style Encore: The Slip-On Loafer

The slip-on loafer has been gaining steam for years. I remember my friend at Oscar de la Renta rocking these bad boys long before they were main-stream. My initial reaction was "Where's your smoking jacket Hef?", but I couldn't deny their effortlessly cool appeal. I still wasn't ready to shell out $200+ for a glorified pair of slippers.

Fortunately for those of us on a budget, you can now shop these beauties at reasonably priced stores like H&M and Steve Madden. It's really a catch 22 isn't it: the shoe becomes more accessible to the masses but begins to lose it's rarity. A small price to pay in my opinion.

Here are a few of my favorite examples of this eternally-chic trend:

1. Sam Edelman Adena $150 : Buy them here. / 2. Christian Louboutin Rollerball 
3. Christian Louboutin Metal Capped Loafer $1,095 : Buy them here. / 4. H&M Slip-on Loaders $19.99 
5. Del Toro Embroidered Loafer $195 / 6. Chloe Velvet Slipper / 7. J Crew Darby Silk Loafer $288 : Buy them here. 
8. Steve Madden Melter Loafer $129.95 : Buy them here. / 9. Aspinal of London  / 10. Alexander McQueen $595


But admittedly, one of my favorites is a vintage pair from Etsy.com (find them here for $24.00). A flashy brand and big price tag are exciting and glamorous, but sometimes you just can't beat vintage. 


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. On this side of the pond we visited the Botanical Gardens Christmas lights show. Pictures to come soon!

Sweet dreams blogosphere.

'Til next time,
TheFashist

No comments:

Post a Comment